Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Cooking 101

It's my first new recipe of the year! I've been watching a lot of Rachael Ray lately and I made her Tortellini en Brodo. I even got all fancy and served it up with some crusty bread and peppered olive oil for dipping. It was Yum-o, as they say. That's wilted spinach you see floating around in there. I'm not big on wilted anything, but it was pretty good. My only complaint was the cheese melted into one big glob on the bottom of my spoon as I was eating.



I'll give it a three and a half out of five fruits.
Last night I whipped up this veggie dip. I forced Bubby to eat raw vegetables, how cruel is that?


I got the recipe from Bubby's aunt's boyfriend. The first time I had it I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. When I made it myself it was good, but not quite the same somehow. I even bought the same brands of sour cream and mayo that he used, so I'm not sure what the difference is.

Uncle Dave's Veggie Dip

1 8 oz. Daisy sour cream
8 oz Hellman's mayonnaise
1 tsp Accent*
1 T dried minced onion
1 T dried parsley
1 T dried dill weed

Whisk together mayo and sour cream well. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Place in fridge and let stand overnight.

*Accent is basically MSG, so if you are allergic or averse leave this ingredient out.

Four out of five fruits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why you mean old thing, imagine having to eat raw veg! Looks wonderful.