Saturday, June 03, 2006

War of the Ants

I am at war with the MF ants. I just went to Lowe's and bought some ant-killing products. There are definitely fewer today than yesterday (maybe due to the boiling water?) but they are regrouping, I can sense it. So I set out some traps inside and around the house outside. And also distributed some smelly little pellets where I saw the ant hills. I hope the cute little bunnies that have been living in the backyard (have never been able to get a shot, very skittish they are) don't bother it. I really don't want to see dead cute little bunnies in the backyard.

Here's a gratuitous shot of Arwyn multi-tasking: riding the car, coloring, and watching tv at the same time. The girl and I have been at odds the past few days. I was beginning to think she wasn't feeling well, because she's been a real pain. Maybe its two-year molars. Maybe its the constant diaper rash. Maybe its just adjusting to life without Daddy 24/7, which we all enjoyed while on vacation. But we'll be visiting some of Bubby's family tomorrow and then she and I are taking a short trip to visit my sister, where she will be spoiled beyond belief.


She has been SUCH a Daddy's girl, which I love to see and I also appreciate the break from constant kiddy demands. Today she wanted nothing to do with me as long as Daddy was around, UNTIL it was time to change a poopy diaper, then she cried and said, "Mommy do it!" Wha?!!? Moms always get stuck with the shit jobs.

I was able to make three cards yesterday, but need to scan them so that will have to wait for a later post. And two of them are thank you's and I'd like to wait until they have been received, as the recipients read the ol' blog.

No comments: