Friday, June 02, 2006

Just Peachy

I finally used up the last of the AL peaches and made this Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler to take for dessert to a friend's house tonight. I used a recipe from allrecipes.com which was rated 5 out of 5 stars. It was pretty easy to make, except for rolling out the dough. I ended up dumping a bunch of extra flour on and then rolling the bottom layer in the pan (real professional-like). I thought it turned out pretty well, all things considered. I hope it tastes as good as it looks.

I boiled two huge pots of water in an attempt to drown out the ants that are taking over my kitchen. I have really grown to hate those little bastards. I think I burnt my toe in the process (note to self: don't dump boiling water on the ground while wearing flip-flops) but it will be worth it if the ants are gone! We've had the ant guy come once already and they were supposed to come this morning but rescheduled because it was raining. I can't deal with the anty bastards for another week. If I find an ant in that cobbler, I'm torching the backyard when we get home.

No comments: