Saturday, March 17, 2007

B-day Mania

Mid-February marks the beginning of birthday season among our group of friends with kids. Saturday we went to a raucous party at iMollie's house for Henry. Best quote of the day: "Time to break out the New Castle."


His pressie was a retro-throwback t-shirt. I got a red and white three-quarter-sleeves t-shirt for my 8th(?) birthday that had letters just like this, only mine were my initials. I love making (and buying) things that remind me of stuff I had when I was a kid.


Sunday's party was an indoor/outdoor affair complete with blow up jumping thing in the yard. Arwyn declared her place as life of the party by walking into the garage and announcing, "I pooped!" to anyone who wished to hear.


We spent the remainder of the day camped out at home with a recurring fever, which seems to have mysteriously disappeared over the course of today. I'm hoping we didn't spread the germy love to everyone at the party.


I've spent the majority of the day pouring over the Strawberry Shortcake listings on ebay. We are currently in a phase and I am happy to encourage this one. It brings back all those rainbow colored childhood memories, coveting my friend's humongous Strawberry Shortcake collection while sniffling over my one little measly doll. I sound like a spoiled brat. I wasn't then, but am now! hee hee


After reading a magazine article about people who won the Lottery, Bubby and I had a funny discussion about what we'd do if we hit it big. Now he's accusing me of harboring a secret toy fantasy all these years. But it's all for the girl! I swear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh presents are so fun! i love the jumprope tied round!

leta joy said...

Thanks! I was quite proud of myself for coming up with that one. There's not really a good way to wrap a jump rope.