Wednesday, November 29, 2006

In the Mood

When I was a kid I only ate oatmeal when it was freezing out or I had a sore throat. As an adult, I have discovered its fibrous filling properties, and soon tire of it after eating it every day at breakfast for weeks on end. When I saw this post over at Alicia's, I suddenly became in the mood for oatmeal again.


As luck would have it, on a trip to the grocery that evening I gave the oatmeal section a glance and found the very same oatmeal that she wrote about. So, naturally, I had to give it a try.


I'd never had steel-cut oats before and the texture was very different from what I was expecting. It still tasted delicious, but I liked it better the next day when I added lots more milk and cooked it a bit longer so the oats were softer. Arwyn took one bit and spit it out, so I'm taking it this won't be a staple of hers.


I'd fancy myself to be either English, Southern, or both. Is this how Brits take their tea (Twinings English Breakfast Tea with milk and honey)? On a trip to the organic market today I picked up a box of Yogi Tea Green Tea Energy. I'll let you know if I suddenly feel like running a marathon (as if).

No comments: