Friday, September 01, 2006

R/V/F/W Friday 3


This picture is labeled Summer 1979. I would be 3 1/2. It was taken at my parent's house on the back sidewalk. The back porch had not yet been added to the house. My dad designed and built their house when I was a few months old. He has added and finished several projects over the years. They don't have those screen doors anymore, but they were fun to slam.

I'm not really sure why the grass is so out of control. Maybe everyone was too busy working on the house to mow the yard. Or maybe my two older brothers were lazy good-for-nothings.

I don't really remember this tricycle. I remember a blue one that I think I got for my 4th birthday. I love, love, LOVED that tricycle. I liked to stand it up on the back wheels, pretend that I ran an egg delivery service, and go knock on the door and ask my mom how many dozen eggs she would like. I probably did this 40 or 50 times in a row. I logged a lot of mileage on the front and back sidewalks. The back sidewalk was fun because it had an incline, but the front walk was longer.

Are those green pants awesome or what?!! I wish I had some now.

1 comment:

Patrick & Joe'l said...

I remember those doors. I don't remember those drawers though!