Friday, September 01, 2006

C + C


Tuesday is my in-laws 36th anniversary. They are wonderful, caring and loving people and they do so much for us. Did I mention we lived with them for a year and a half before we bought our house?

The first time I met my father-in-law was when Bubs and I were working together at a web design company. My future FIL invited me to have a spaghetti dinner with them. Bubs was embarrassed, but I thought it was so sweet. He always called Bubs "Bubby" and from then on Bubby Joe was, and still is, his nickname. The first time I met my mother-in-law was the night Bubs and I went to their house for The Grand Introduction. I remember sitting in their living room nervously sweating my ass off, thinking "This woman is going to hate me. I am corrupting her son!"

Six months later we got engaged at their house. Bubs put the ring in the freezer and then asked me to get him a glass of ice. I gave him a look that said "Why the hell can't you get your own glass of ice? You're standing right beside the refrigerator, lazy ass." I'm sure I made some smart ass comment to go along with the look. But I relented, opened the freezer door, saw the ring and immediately slammed the door shut.

They still leave each other notes with C + C drawn in the middle of a heart. I love these people like my own parents and can't imagine it being any other way.

Have a sweet day you two, you deserve it.

No comments: