Monday, May 08, 2006

May 7th




We had a great weekend! Friday night Bubby and I went out with friends from work for Cinco de Mayo to a local Mexican eaterie, then a quick swing through Target (no purchases! yay!). Saturday morning we went to a park for a cookout with friends. That's where these gorgeous pictures were taken. Arwyn had a blast playing on the playground while her daddy chased her around. I actually got to talk to iMollie for 15 minutes uninterrupted! Unheard of!



We came home for naps, then we went over to a friend's house for another cookout! No cooking for me! They had a large backyard with a ton of play equipment (they have 3 kids) so Arwyn had more fun playing in their treehouse and swinging. We all smelled like a campfire when we got home.

Sunday morning we got some churchin', then Grandma C watched Arwyn while Bubby and I went out to celebrate the sixth anniversary of beginning our lurve affair. We went to a walking trail near a park that we walked lo those many years ago. Then we went to a favorite pizza place and split a pizza and a pitcher of Blue Moon. Yummy! It was so great to have time to sit and talk (and not about the house or the yard or work).



Last night I went to my weekly Desperate Housewives get together. I made Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies for the occassion. I got the recipe from one of those church cookbooks that Bubby's grandma gave me for Christmas one year. I love those kind of cookbooks!

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from Mary Kay Elpers (whoever that is).

1 1/4 c flour (I ended up adding 3/4 c more flour)
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp soda
1 egg beaten
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c margarine
1 c rolled oats (I used 1 packed of brown sugar maple instand oats and added enough old fashioned oats to equal 1 c)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c chocolate chips or raisins (I used 1/2 c milk chocolate and 1/2 c dark chocolate chips)

Sift flour and sift again with soda and baking powder. Set aside. Beat margarine, sugars, egg and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add oats and chocolate chips or raisins. Stir. Drop by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 degree oven until lightly browned. (I used a baking stone and baked for 12-13 minutes and let them cool on a wire rack.)


No comments: