Friday, March 30, 2007

As My Garden Grows

This tulip is outside our back door and it has now been joined by seven of its brothers and sisters. And that black plastic which I loathed? Gone! I plan on filling this space up with flowers, flowers and some more flowers. We might be eating canned beans by the end of the summer, but at least our yard will look good. Bwa-ha-ha-ha!


This is a small tree in our backyard. It was half expired when we moved in and we (by 'we', I mean Bubby) had to remove several branches, and we weren't sure if the tree would survive the amputation. Now it is so pretty! Our neighbors told us it had beautiful flowers in the spring, but this is the first year it has looked this good.


The peonies are coming out of hibernation. These babies grow so fast! I think I took this picture two days ago and they are already doubled in size. Incidentally, I've always called peonies "pee-on-mes". Sick, but true.


I have no idea what my recent fascination with the flowers in the backyard is all about, but I'm going with it. It's that or poop talk. That's all I've got right now.


This is a really pretty little tree on our side yard. I have no idea what anything is called. It has these gorgeous flowers in the spring and then dark red heart-shaped leaves in fall. I like it.


Bubby, I hope you like canned beans.

No comments: