Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year, New You

I'd almost forgotten about the notes I had scribbled a couple of weeks ago about my resolutions but after reading Hannah's post I resolved to dig out the notes. See, one resolution fulfilled already! I'm not really big on resolutions, per say. No reason to set yourself up for certain demise, I say. It's kind of like dating that bad boy you can't resist. You know it's going to end bad, but you do it anyway.

Our lives have seen a lot of changes this year- some good, some not so much. I have struggled with many of these changes and felt helpless in the face of others. When I see the losses others have recently suffered, it makes me realize how much I have, how many wonderful people I have in my life, and thankful that somewhere along the line I made a few good decisions. I have often felt that something was missing in my life, that I wasn't doing what I was "supposed" to be doing, but had no idea what that might be. I have felt unhappy and alone more times than I care to remember. My resolution this year is to be happy. To spend less time thinking about what I don't have and more time thinking about what I do. To let the important people in my life know they are loved. Like Hannah so eloquently wrote, I will choose to be happy. Maybe that's all it takes.

On a lighter note, I'd also like to keep track of any new recipes I try this year and have some sort of year end round up or rating system.

Also happy 200th post to me!

No comments: